Sunday, November 13, 2011

Maybe something scary....

Since we've been taking photos of all these lipsticks and makeup and clothes, I noticed something off about my face the other day.  I have a subtle downward turn on the right side of my face - I see it in my mouth and my right eye and I have a heavy/odd sensation in my ear on that side.  I'm wondering if I had a TIA or a super-duper-teeny stroke over the summer.  I had swung hyperthyroid - chest pains, was having pounding, sickening headaches, seeing double, I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof, and was having aching/dull pain in my right arm.  I actually sat at my desk one day thinking "what arm is supposed to hurt if you have a heart attack?  Is it the left? The right?  I think it's the left?"  I went home that day, praying all the way home that I would keep my $hit together and not get sick in my car.

When I went to the endocrinologist I mentioned the chest pains, the double vision, the arm thing and he just went "hmm...," and sent me to the cardiologist and wrote out an Rx for a calcium channel blocker (which has seemed to help both chest pains and b.p., though I think swinging back hypothyroid has "helped" too).  I did the stress test (without echo) and survived, so the cardiologist said "see you the end of November" and sent me on my way.

I realized that I had been having a little bit harder time finding my words - but I think tangentially at times, so I can say "sounds like 'X'" and be able to pull the word that I need.  I *feel* okay now, but the face thing is troubling.  It's not horrifically noticeable.  I asked hubby and he said "now that you mention it, I can see it a bit - there's definitely a difference, but it's not super noticeable."

So I will have to add that to the list to bring to the endo and cardiologist's attention.  I also made an appointment with a different doc on December 2nd.  I'm tired of futzing around with my endo and not making any progress.  I've been patient in dealing with this for 5 years - I'm ready to feel better and get to a positive state of health.  I know the endo is missing something, and I have a feeling the new doc might be able to give a good, clear, new perspective.

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment